This is android open source project’s keyboard with Indian language support. Currently we support only Malayalam and Hindi, but more languages will be added soon.
How to Install and configure
- Head to the Google Play Store (Android Market) and install Indic Keyboard,
- Go to Android Settings.
- Open Language & input.
- Click on Indic keyboard in Keyboard and Input methods list
- It will show a data collection warning. That warning message is a part of the Android operating system, and it appears whenever a third party keyboard is enabled. Press OK.
- Now click on settings button right to Indic keyboard
- On new window, click on Input languages
- When un-ticking “Use system language” It will show all supported languages by our keyboard. Select languages you want.
- Now go back to language & input settings
- Click on Default in Keyboard & input methods and select what language you want as default. If you want English itself as default, select English from Indic keyboard in that list.
- Optionally tick “Selector notification” which help you to switch between keyboards/languages faster.