This post will help you to install or flash custom or stock ROMs into your Galaxy S plus.
1. Procedure to Update Galaxy S PLUS GT I9001 with Value Pack Gingerbread 2.3.6 XXKQD (stock ROM: it will UnRoot your mobile)
- Download Odin and Value Pack Gingerbread 2.3.6 XXKQD firmware Package from here to your computer. Once downloaded, extract both the zip files and open Odin in your computer.
- Turn Off your phone so that it can be entered in the download mode. Download Mode in Galaxy S PLUS GT I9001 can be entered by pressing the Volume Down rocker key + power button at the same time while the device is turned Off.
- If the device starts in the normal mode, you need to re try the process of the entering the device into the download mode. Connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable which you got with the phone and once you connect it will install all the required drivers and then the ID : COM section will turn Yellow which will indicate that all the drivers are installed and you are ready to proceed to the next step.
- Click on “PDA” to select “I9001XXKQD_I9001ODDKP5_I9001DDKP9_HOME.tar.md5” and simple click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update. It will take around 4 -5 minutes for applying the update, once the firmware is updated, the Galaxy S PLUS GT I9001 will reboot automatically. Once you see the home screen, disconnect the device and configure the prompted settings.
- You may now be prompted to enter the Google Account details and Country selector with the Language preference, make sure that you have an active data connection.
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
2. Procedure to Update Galaxy S PLUS GT I9001 with CynogenMod ROM (Custom ROM)
- Download a CyanogenMod ROM zip file, see bottom of the page.
- Reboot into CWM Recovery
- Perform a backup!
- Wipe data/factory reset
- Wipe Cache partition
- Advanced > Wipe dalvik cache
- Install zip from sdcard (flash ROM zip file)