We found that “Revolutionary” method is not working with HBOOT 1.02. So here is a method to root your HTC wildfire manually.
- ClockWorkMod recovery from UnderRevoked
- ADB and fastboot installed and configured.
- Unlock your bootloader from HTC website.
- Boot into bootloader mode. Either from command line using
adb reboot bootloader
or by turning off the device and holding volume down & the power button.
- Run following command to flash ClockWorkMod recovery.
fastboot flash recovery cwm-188.8.131.52-buzz.img
- Reboot the device into recovery
- In recovery, select “install from zip” and flash either SuperUser zip or latest version of CyanogenMod